Steps to constructing an annotated bibliography.1. Identify your sources.
- Books (catalog, WorldCat, references from other sources)
- Articles (databases on library webpage, references from other sources)
- Find the highest quality web sites possible.
2. OBTAIN your sources
- Use Interlibrary Loan to request books and articles not readily available.
- It may be necessary to take notes.
4. CITE your sources.
- Chicago style guidelines
- Use the bibliography examples when citing your sources for the annotated bibliography.
5. Write the annotation for your sources.
- Syllabus guidelines from professor.
- Guidelines from Cornell University